Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back!

So, I didn't intend on having the last post be at the top for this long. I wanted to update when I got home and push the other one down so it didn't get THAT much attention, haha. I need to get my 2nd External HD attached to my computer so I can get the wedding pictures up. I know you want to see them, and I know I need to send copies to Kristin.


I got back to HI on June 14th. The next morning it was apx 6 am, I was still very sick, and jet lagged. And it was 6 am. Well this may have been the day after, but that's not that important. Well I made hot tea for my sickness and accidentally spilled some on my laptop. Not a lot got on it, so I didn't think it was a big deal. Well it ended up ruining my keyboard and touch pad so I had to send my laptop in to get fixed. They fixed it and about a week later (including the apx 2 days of shipping there and back) I got it back. It was nice and quick, only when I got it back the network connection wasn't there. It couldn't find anything network related or an IP address, etc. I'm not THAT computer literate so I can't completely explain. Either way it was a new problem that I didn't cause and I had to send it back. I just got her back this past weekend (July 2nd) and it was set back to factory settings. This normally wouldn't matter because I have it backed up. Right? Right? Nope. I had it backed up onto my laptop, but that was erased as well. I was afraid of that so I decided to back it up to my external. I was still partially mad(as in crazy not angry)/jet lagged when I did this. I ended up accidentally agreeing to let it reformat my external, which erased EVERYTHING I already had on there. This is the external I use very often so it's all my projects and photos. So I stopped it immediately to increase the possibility of saving the info. Soooo no backup.

I'm starting all over. It's really not too bad. I have the documents I saved from my desktop, so I can get to those. I just have to reinstall programs and drivers and that's no fun.

Hopefully we can restore my external. I had a friend try through John's computer but it kept freezing. Now that my laptop is back, we're going to try again.

fingers crossed!

So yeah. That's where I've been

No comments:

Post a Comment