Sunday, November 6, 2011

This is me ranting.

I'm starting to resent all those "high horse" sitting people who lecture on and on about how the only thing you need to lose weight is diet and exercise and that's it.

30 minutes 3 times and week and you'll definitely lose weight!
I've been going to the gym 3-6 times a week since June with 30-45 min cardio each time. No change (except my heart is better)

You can't do JUST cardio, you need to lift weights! Muscle helps burn fat!
In addition to 30-45 min of cardio, I do 4 machines alternating leg and arms each day.

Muscle weighs more than fat so you're probably gaining that!
Seriously? It's been AT LEAST 5 months since the most recent time I started back up. Something would be different by now.

Switch to whole grain.
I did.

Cut out sodas!
I did.

Cut out carbs!
Doing it now and I'm miserable

You need to sleep better!
That's not exactly something I'm in control of and isn't exercise supposed to help you sleep? Well it doesn't.

Eat lots of veggies!
I am and they're getting incredibly boring

Eat fruit!
I did until someone told me that was still too many carbs

1200 Calories!
Nope

1600 Calories!
Nope

14something Calories!
Still nothing.

Had a thyroid test last year.
Am NOT pregnant.

I've done the 24-Day Advocare challenge which was "If you stay on in 80% it'll definitely work!" I tried my damndest to be 100% so I had to have been around 90, or 80 if I'm just that ignorant. Got a few pounds the first week but nothing since.

Weight watchers helped last year, might have to try it again but I don't see how it's any different than what I'm doing now. Just a different way of counting.

Green Tea Hawaii?
No. Very tasty though, but no weightloss.

Slimming wraps that a friend that I actually have met, and her roomie each lost 7 inches on?
Not a thing

1 comment:

  1. OH, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with the weight thing. Can't say you're not determined. Something's bound to work, just don't give up. Did the book I gave you mention "The Cheater's Diet?" Which is another book by Rivas that I bought - seems to have the theory that to trick the body you diet for 4 or 5 days then take the weekend off.

    ReplyDelete