Friday, September 18, 2009

What are you doing!?

This has been one crazy week! And yesterday was a very good day, haha.

We went around to do some Navy errands and came back around 3:00 and had some time to kill back at the house in Kailua, so of course I forced him to take me to the beach nearby. It's a very serene beach. The water is incredibly blue, the sand is extremely soft, and everything about it is warm and peaceful. There were people there but not exactly what I'd call a crowd. It was pleasant. We walked up it and then back. It was a nice change. I really needed that after all the frustrations that come with apartment hunting.

After the walk, I wasn't ready to leave and we still had time so we sat down to watch the waves. John was sitting against a tree so I sat in front of him and leaned on him. We were sitting there for a quite a while. Enough for a couple random phone calls and to just watch and take in Hawaii. It's all still rather surreal here. Well as I was looking over the ocean John's arm comes around and poof- there's a ring box in front of me. I think my first thought was "What is he doing? Is he about to show me his class ring or something?" and then he opened it and there, inside, was a beautiful engagement ring. Well I obviously responded with "What the hell are you doing!?!?" "Holy Crap!" "What's going on?!" and another row of holy craps in there... haha. I was NOT expecting that. He then leaned over and asked me to marry him. To which I responded with "holy crap!" again haha and of course "Yes".

SO.
John and I are engaged! It's very exciting!
Yay :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment