Thursday, March 4, 2010

Baking!

Hey there!

Today was a pretty good day. I did errands, oh what fun, that consisted of picking up swatches of Horizon from David's Bridal (yay wedding things!) and taking my new free dress to the Dry Cleaners. Ruby, the Engineer's Wife, recently lost a few hundred pounds and had dresses of all sizes that she wants to get rid of. Turns out I could only fit in last year's dress since the rest were huge, but it's very lovely! So I have a free fancy dress AND IT'S TEAL and therefore very pretty. It's a lot like my ring dance dress but no chiffon and no train. Basically the silhouette and neckline are the same. It's lovely though. I'm excited to only have to buy dry cleaning for this, especially with all the weddings coming up.

I spent the rest of the day baking. I made Dirt for tomorrow's Family Fun day for the boat. Oh what fun. The Dirt is DELICIOUS. I had some trouble with the recipe because it didn't specify which type of pudding. From my experiences with Banana Pudding, my first instinct was to buy non-instant pudding. Turns out that was the wrong thing to do. Dang. Oh well. It turned out alright. It's so good! I forgot how yummy it was.

After that I made Apple Banana Muffins! They have no butter and no eggs. They're made with mashed bananas, sliced apples, apple juice, 1/2 sugar, and some flour and cinnamon. (plus baking soda of course) Mind didn't turn out quite as fluffy as they should be, but they're still good! They're not too bad for me, and that's very exciting.

That's pretty much what I did today. I also figured out some Tux issues and talked it over with John. He wants a banded collar tux since it'll be similar to the Choker White's that he (and Austin if he can make it) will be wearing.

Also, I think I've decided to move the wedding toward a more peacock theme. I've been loving everything peacock lately and the colors work perfectly with everything I've already been thinking! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment