Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Drew and Jamie part 2

Hey there! I suppose I'll split this into the visit and then into a little update.

The second visit was very nice, as to be expected. This time they had a lot of experience with Hawaii and were a bit more adjusted to my time zone.

I picked them up pretty early to drop them off at the Arizona Memorial. I figured that since all the books warn against bags and petty theft that it would be best to take all their bags and not join them for this trip. I went to a friends to finish a movie while they jumped on the boat to see the memorial.

Once they were done I picked them up and we drove to Haleiwa. I found the address for Matsumoto's Shave Ice and figured that would be a fun stop. That's the one that has ice cream and "Azuki Beans" red beans boiled in sugar in the cone before the shave ice. I wanted to try it and thought they'd appreciate the special hawaiian treat. It was tasty! We then went on a hunt for beaches and Giovanni's Shrimp Truck! We stopped on Sunset beach and passed a few others on Drew's list. I did find the Shrimp Truck again and it was just as delicious as the last time.


After our bellies were filled to the top we drove to Ahupua'a O Kahana State Park to hike the Kapa‘ele‘ele Trail. This trail wasn't as kept up as many of the others I've been to so at points we kind of guessed which way to go. It did have a lovely view and we ended up having to walk along the beach to get back to my car. It was a neat thing to see.

We then drove to my apt to relax and so Drew and Jamie could shower up and repack before their plane flight home.

It was a nice day. It was really nice seeing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment