Monday, October 19, 2009

Hanauma Bay

Unfortunately the activities in Hawaii all involve water. Well that part is quite wonderful, but the unfortunate part is that water does not mix well with cameras. So although I have wonderful adventures, you don't get to see any pictures. I was also worried about pick-pockets but I think I could have risked that one. Once I finally get a job (outlook not so good right now...) I'm going to save up for a waterproof camera. That would be so great to have, but right now I can't afford it with my increasingly smaller bank account and a lack of income. UGH. Job hunting is exhausting, difficult, and completely hopeless feeling.

But anyway. We finally got to Hanauma Bay this Sunday! It was wonderful! It's this bay that is full of coral and thus a busy busy city of fish! We saw so many fish, it was fantastic and incredibly beautiful. Everything about the Bay is beautiful. The water was more chilly than at Kailua but we got used to it pretty quickly. What's nice is that this place is built for tourists so there is a place to rent snorkles and learn how to use them if you're only visiting. John and I bought out own from the next last weekend since we'll be here for quite some time. I enjoy them. I'm glad we finally got to go out, it's so lovely! Everyone I talked to that has visited Hawaii has told me to go there, and I can see why. The last time we snorkled I think we saw two fish, and this time there were countless numbers. Unfortunately we still haven't seen a sea turtle, but one day we will! I'm determined.

While there I bought a waterproof pocket guide to Reef Fish, an instant ID for Snorklers and Divers. I was looking at a different one at first but this one has more fish in it. Which is odd, wouldn't you expect a guide to reef fish have the same fish as a guide to reef fish? Silly silly. Either way this one seemed useful, especially since we hope to take scuba diving lessons over Christmas Stand-down. It's not definite yet and we don't know his schedule, but it should (hopefully...) be lighter than it is now and give us time to do this. I'm excited! Merry Christmas to us haha.

Well there's my update. I really need to send another e-mail out soon for the Grandparents. However right now I need to vaccuum and put things away. Fun fun

No comments:

Post a Comment