Saturday, October 3, 2009

E-mail : October 3rd

Greetings!

Sorry it's been so long. We moved in and had no internet until this morning. I was able to get on a little bit, but not enough to really write a good e-mail. It was too off and on that I didn't want to risk writing something informative and lose it because I I knew I'd be too frustrated to rewrite it.

Things are going well here. John has started work and I've been moving us in. Nearly everything is unpacked. The furniture is in place and I enjoy it. I'll try to get some pictures up at some time. We have a new sofa and loveseat set of which I absolutely love. It's brown and incredibly comfortable. We also have a new coffee table set that came with two end tables. They all have a glass oval top held up with metal and has a smaller wooden oval layer underneath for a shelf.

I'm still job hunting. Victoria's Secret called and told me they'd call me in 2 weeks to set up an interview. My phone was screwing up so I wasn't able to call them and they never got back to me. They opened on Thursday. Hopefully that means their new phone number will be listed somewhere. I contacted many jobs over the past few months, but still no luck. I applied to a Lockheed position that another girl mentioned to me. She works there and said they were hiring, I met her at the BBQ with John's shipmates.

By the way, we went to a BBQ with some of John's shipmates and their families last Friday. It was a Hail/Farewell party which was really a Hail since two guys were joining, but none are leaving just yet. It was fun. I talked with a few of the wives and a girlfriend (Maddie, she's the one trying to get me a job at Lockheed) and they are all nice. They also had a lunch on Wednesday which I attended. One lady, Patti, might take me out to the Aloha Swap Meet on Wednesday. It's not a definite plan though, but I've been wanting to go so we shall see.

We have more news! Thursday John came home early and took me out to get a kitty! She's adorable. We know it's a little early to get one but thought it was a good time since I have no job. It's better doing it now since I'm hear to help her get used to things or train her. She's a doll. Her name is Dixie and she's a 3 month old Calico. She's a little lovebug and always wants to be near us and has already proved to be a little lap kitten. She also loves her skunk on a string so much that within 2 days of having her, the string is literally hanging by a thread.

Hopefully soon we'll be able to explore Hawaii some more. I'm not sure of our plans tomorrow but today we had to wait for the Cable/Internet to be installed and at 3:30 we have a vet appointment. We get a free physical examination to use within 7 days, so it's nothing to worry about. We just have to make sure Dixie is in good shape.

Well I'm off, I just thought I'd send a little update now that I can.

Love and miss you all,
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment