Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wedding Planning Updates

So. I keep getting questions about when the wedding is. Well currently it's incredibly hard to plan a wedding from half a world away and it takes a little while. I can't set a date until I know for sure that we can get a reception place ON that date. If we can't I'd have to move it and then tell people again. That's just silly. Places book a year+ in advance so it's likely the places I like are going to be booked so I have to figure something else out. I didn't even look into one of the Winery options because it actually had an event calendar up and proved it's booked the entire month of October 2010 and the month of September so I didn't even have a back-up. We want to have it in October of 2010, so we shall see. As for which weekend and which day, I can't tell you until I know.

We have an officiant, Reverend Dr. Robert Zanicky whom I grew up with. He's a great guy and the only thing I knew for sure about when planning this wedding. We'll probably do my church as well since it's so lovely, but if the reception place ends up being over an hour away I'll have to have the ceremony there.

That's the only things I've been focusing on. I haven't decided on anything else and am not even thinking seriously about them until this is done. Then I will have dates so I can be on schedule better.

Thanks,
Mer

No comments:

Post a Comment