Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mokulua: The Two Islands

Hey there.
Today was wonderful. We have a three day weekend and were able to finally get out on the water and do Hawaiian things. As I mentioned, I have been wanting to kayak out to these Islands off the coast of Lanikai, so we did! John didn't know the islands would be as far out as they were, but we both loved it. I think it took about 30 minutes to get to them. The water was blue, clear, and wonderfully warm so there were no pains other than some arm work to get out there.

Some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Na_Mokulua
According to the wiki article we went out to the island called Moku Nui on the left.

We started off the day by sleeping in (hooray) and then finding our way to the Marine base where we rented the two person kayak. I'm glad we did that. Made it a little easier and it was only 2 dollars more (and thus 3 dollars less since we would have gotten 2 singles). We drove it to Lanikai, applied sunscreen and took off! Haha. As I said it took around 30-40 minutes to get to the Island but I loved it. Once there we went snorkling because we were told Sea Turtles were in the area. We just got the snorkels and fins last night so it was fun to try them out. Unfortunately we didn't sea any turtles, but we did see a few fish! I wish I could tell you what kinds but I don't have the fishie guide book with me. Not yet anyway. The most fun one was green and red striped and shiny.

The view from Moku Nui was beautiful. You could see all of Lanikai beach and tons more of the shoreline. It was definitely beautiful. I, unfortunately, did not get any pictures. The kayak mission didn't exactly keep many things dry. We had our phones, but wrapped them two ziplock baggies and it worked! I was worried about the camera too, so no pictures. You'll just have to look online to figure it out. The wiki link I sent had a few to give you an idea. It was lovely! If you see the pictures from a beach with two little island mounds, that's right! We went to the left one.

Alright we're off now. We thankfully ate. We treated ourselves to a burger and shakes and it was MARVELOUS. Haha. Alright.

I'm off.
Enjoy
Mer

No comments:

Post a Comment