Friday, October 9, 2009

International Market

Yesterday was a good time. As usual, John was at work, but this time I was able to get out and about. I went out with Maddy Burkhart, a fellow girlfriend of the boat. She's from Guam originally and only 2 years older than me. She had the day off so she offered to take me to Waikiki for lunch and either shopping or the beach, whichever we decided while down there.

We went to lunch at Duke's and met up with one of her friends from Guam who is an Army Wife and has two kids. They were in Waikiki for surf lessons so they chose to eat with us. We pretty much all got the buffet. It was delicious. We also all shared the "Hula Pie" which is this gigantic slice of Macadamia nut ice cream pie on an Oreo crust that was generously shared between FIVE people. Macadamia nuts are definitely a staple around here.

It turns out that Dukes was across the street from the International Market so I asked Maddy if we could go. The others headed home so it was back to just the two of us. It was neat. Most of the stands are similar to each other as well as to stands that hang out in malls. There were also a lot of bathing suit stands and gift shops. It was fun to be in a touristy area! There were also a lot more white people there, too haha. Maddy got a henna tattoo of an Octopus on her shoulder that was pretty neat and while we were leaving I saw this Hawaiian dress I really like that I ended up getting. It's black with cascading blue flowers. It was a fun buy!

We then went to Ala Moana to check out the gigantic Victoria's Secret since I had some coupons I needed to use by the end of October. I was able to speak with the Store Manager and they seemed pretty excited about a former employee....again... and had me fill out an application so we shall see where that one goes.

Now I'm home all day and putting off the chores I need to do. We finally got the last of John's packages and one of the boxes has my stuff, which needs to get put away. Along with some laundry and cat litter that needs to get done. Fun fun. It's Friday though. I think right now we're planning on going Kayaking tomorrow! I'm pretty excited. It should be a nice trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment