Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Too many noises

We live in a quiet area. There are no highways near by. The roads are residential so there's no car sounds, no horns, no anything. We're surrounded by a golf club so that's a rather quiet thing as well. However...
6:40 am. Every day the sprinklers go off for all the plants. Well at least the ones around my room.
9:00 am. The guy with the leaf blower comes by very very very slowly. It's insanely loud.

I can usually get back to sleep after the 6:40 bit because it's not that bad and John just woke up then anyway so I've already been woken up. However this leaf guy.... ugh. It's unpleasant, even if I'm completely away. It's just annoying.

I've also gone back to not sleeping well so it doesn't help to be woken up by stupid things I can't block out. I already have to kick the cat out when John leaves because his routine wakes her up and she wants to play. Though I'm sure my sleep habits aren't that exciting.

Dixie is doing alright. She usually sleeps next to me at night, recently she's taken to sharing my pillow. Billy the cat used to do that. It was more of pain when he did it though since he was far bigger than her. We'll see if it becomes a habit of hers though. So far she hasn't taken to clawing the couch which is fantastic. She has, however, figured out she can climb the screen door which is not good at all. I have to keep an eye on her when she's near it now. Oddly it was designed so the screen is on the inside, not the outside, so it's ALWAYS at risk.

My search for a job is still hideous. I called Victoria's Secret back since they didn't call when they said they would. As usual, I had to leave a message. I also left a message with Philip Rickard. I called a few other places and applied to a few more. No one picks up the phone so this follow up business that usually works well, is of no help. We shall see. On thursday I'm going to ask Maddie what she knows about the Lockheed job and get the phone number from her.

On that note, my social life is a little more exciting. Yesterday I went to breakfast with a girl named Molly and another named Tessa. They're both Navy wives but from different boats. They're not too much older than me and have no kids as well so it was a nice little change. Molly tooks us to this breakfast place that is known for it's "Onolicious pancakes" with Macademia nut sauce that was very light and fluffy. It really was Ono (delicious)! Molly also lent me her loaf pan which is very exciting. I've been dying to make Spiced Pumpkin Bread with White Chocolate ChipsM

Tomorrow I'm probably going to see Maddie, the girlfriend I met at the Hail who works for Lockheed. She called me yesterday and mentioned that she had long shifts this week and therefore had extra days off and was free on Thursday. I'm not sure what our plans are, but I'm excited to go out and about. John's usually too busy to do anything other than errands, but we're hoping to actually go out this weekend (didn't I say that last time?) Seriously though, we might go Kayaking from Lanikai beach to the mounds where we can hike a bit and maybe see Sea Turtles! If we don't do that we'll probably hike to the Pillbox which is near the same area. That one doesn't require fees for kayak rentals so we'll see. Or we'll snorkel in Hanauma bay, we shall see.

Weather wise, it's gotten incredibly humid. The wind has died down which is pretty terrible. That provides most of the cool wind in the house so when it's still, it's gross. I need to bring the fan in here. It's also been raining, I actually lost power on Monday! Little Dixie was scared of the thunder, but got over it pretty quickly. Supposedly "winter" is the rainy season. Hopefully that doesn't mean the wind dies down for the rain to fall. It's really humid and hot, the wind makes it completely bearable and fine. Yuck.

Alright. I have chores to do before my swimming. Ah and by the way, I've been swimming every day lately. Hopefully I can keep it up! Laps and treading water, what fun! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment