Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day Six

Day Six! We're more than halfway through the cleanse and then things changed. I weighed in at 182.8 this morning and that is DEFINITELY lower than the past few month's flucuations so that's amazing. John was around 213 I think and he started around 212 so this is going great.

Yesterday was how I predicated regarding eating. Complicated but not awful. We basically didn't eat lunch... We went on this 4 hour intense hike that hurt SO BADLY. My legs are killing me today. We each had and finished our own camelbacks and I brought a bag of nuts since that's allowed in the diet and those nuts were life savers. When I felt like I wanted to cry cause my heartrate was so high and my legs were so sore we'd eat a few nuts and take a couple minutes break and it would get me back on my feet. Yay protein and sodium! It was the Kuliou'ou Ridge Hike. I know Diamond Head is the most known hike in Hawaii. I've done Diamond Hike 3 or so times and it only takes maybe an hour or an hour and a half total? Not sure but it's cake compared to this one. And I've been going to the gym for months and haven't prior to a few Diamond Head hikes. My legs are dead. However, it was worth it. See!




Few and that's only a small portion of the few. You can the Kaneohe Bay peninsula (aka Marine Corps Base) all the way to Diamond Head way off in the distance. It was pretty fantastic.

Today is going pretty well. As I said I weighed in at 182 this morning which is lower than my flucuation, just now is 185 which is still lower so that's a good sign. I flucuate like no other as you can see but if both numbers are lower than my previous ups and downs then yaaay.

320pm

I left rather abruptly before. We had a couples massage planned and it was fabulous! Happy Anniversary to us. I also have a snuggly kitty in my lap, how wonderful.

So anyway today was spent with a morning that went well and then we went to a beach wedding on the east side. Knowing that the only location of Aloha Salads we know if was near the wedding location, we went there for lunch and it was delicious. It's great to at least have one place to go that's easy for the diet! I got an ahi salad with grilled shrimp. The salad had strawberries and mangos in it with a mango vinaigrette, it was amazing. I wonder if that dressing is sold anywhere?

Diet is still going well. I'm hungry but not dying. Currently eating eggs and nuts as my afternoon snack. I should have some fruit but we're running out of fruit, veggies, and proteins! Eek! Good sign that we're eating them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment