Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day Three

300pm

So here we are on "Day Three" of the 24-Day Challenge. As you will notice, I like to start of sentences with "So" It shouldn't be contagious so just ignore it if it bothers you.

I'm doing pretty well. Had the third day of the fiber drink, it's nastier every day. Now we go three days WITHOUT it and start probiotics in that morning, so that's wonderful. John hates the drink so much he wants to find other ways of doing it. I'm not certain it that's allowed given that it's made for the cleanse. I'll have to look stuff up. Shortly after I had a banana and a mandarin orange and went to the gym. John didn't go today so it was just me and a friend. As usual, post gym I had my mid-afternoon snack of three egg whites, a kiwi, and a mandarin orange. The other kiwi's aren't ripe yet... John had plums instead. Oh how exciting! FOOD TALK. 

I know this must be boring but I'm writing it so that if people are interested, they'll know. I'm not going to lie and say "oh yeah it was great, all the drinks are great, unicorns moved in next door!" No. The Spark is fabulous and the Fiber Drink is naaasty. I tried the Grape Spark today and found it pretty gross, which is funny since I like Fruit Punch and usually it's the other way around. I'm one of the few anti-fruit punch people out there and I usually like grape. Oh well. John drank the rest of the grape for me and I switch to the fruit punch for the day. He doesn't mind it but did agree that there's a bit of an aftertaste.

We did a few errands and came home to make the chicken and salad mixture I made two days ago. It was a bit of a rush since I had an appt outside Chinatown at 2, but if I waited till afterwards I'd be starving and far more likely to say "screw it, I want an Asiago Ranch Bacon Chicken sandwich from Wendys" WHICH I say often because that sandwich is DELICIOUS. Ohhh yummm.

Moving on before I think too much on that. It's 300pm now as I listed at the top of this and I'm doing pretty well. Getting a tad hungry but my afternoon snack will be coming up soon and I think I still have Spark to finish! Yay!

534pm

I'm most definitely full. We went out and bought sushi for dinner since rice is allowed at a complex carb. Not too much, of course. It was sad because usually I love the tempura shrimp in the rolls but knew the fried bits wouldn't be the best choice so I stuck with Rainbow roll. Mmm sushi! And we have low sodium soy sauce that hooray for that. I'm super full now, so that's fabulous.

Soon we'll be hanging out with friends and watching a movie. Post dinner the only thing allowed is fruit so I'll bring along some of the tiny little mandarin oranges and water. Just in case. I'm pretty full though so we should be able to last!

No comments:

Post a Comment